Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Walk In the Park

Today I joined the Reed family for a walk at Sandy Ridge Park. We saw several deer, 2 muskrats or beavers or whatever they were, a rabbit, herons, birds, frogs, geese, ducks, and nature in all its glory. I love nature and many times we only take the time to enjoy it when we are on vacations, which is another reason why I love vacations. But, we have lots of beautiful sites just a few miles from our home and we do not take the time to enjoy them. So, this summer I am going to try to take time to enjoy the outdoors right here at home and not just when we go camping or to the beach. At the end of the summer, we will see how well I did on my new goal! I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Susan said...

walking. not something i've done a lot of but with a new neighbor i've been doing more lately. wanna walk with me sometime?

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

We miss being able to walk with you and go to the parks.. Sandy ridge is one of our favorites. We can't wait to see you and til you visit.

JP said...

Where are you? You've been missing for quite some time!

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

mom.. you desparately need to update this blog.. you have had lots of fun and sadness in your life to share since then... PLEASE UPDATE.. give us some juice.. youre leaving us thirsty!!!