Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2 for the Price of One

I really do not like it when Easter falls on the same week as St. Patrick's Day. Usually, 2 for the price of one is a good thing, but 2 Holidays within one week is too much! In honor of our Irish heritage we have always had a big Irish dinner and have always put up decorations. It is fun and all of my children have continued the tradition, so they must have enjoyed it too. However, this year I had to hurry and take down all the green and put up the Easter things as soon as dinner was over. I felt like I was rushing the day. When I went shopping for the Irish meal, I also had to do the Easter meal and I forgot things for both meals. I wasn't thinking straight because I had to plan for 2 big deal meals. Oh well, it doesn't happen often, so grin and bear it, and ENJOY!

1 comment:

Susan said...

i so totallyl agree. and i'm not even Irish. But the green was up and the homemade reubens were super. but then I decided this year I would just skip easter decor this year except for my new centerpiece that my friend gave me/