Monday, March 10, 2008

Life Repeats Itself Over and Over Again

Everyone who has had children leave home know what it feels like that first day they leave home. For me, tears always flowed. When Terra first left, I couldn't stand to even walk by her room. But, as time goes on, you go on with life and it doesn't hurt quite so much. Then just when you get accustomed to them being gone, they come back and you have to start the cycle all over again. For the past 5 years or so, we have had little ones in our home. Some days I wanted to pull my hair out, but other days I just loved it. Lately, when I have come home from work, Austin would run to the door to open it for me and greet me. I loved it! However, today when I came home, the house was empty and forlorn. I was hit with the reality that they were gone. I went downstairs to get some food to make supper and I saw some of the little toys they left behind and before I knew it, the tears were flowing once again. I came upastairs and decided to take advantage of the quiet and do my Seminary lesson. However, my eyes were so blurry, I couldn't even see to read. I can barely see now to type! I knew that their stay here was not for long, and I am very happy for them, but I wish they were down the street so I could go help them move and see them. It didn't work out that way, so now I have to get accustomed to them being gone, again. Today, I will go and visit my other grandchildren for a while and be happy they are still close as I know before long, they will be gone, too. Then I will have to go through the cycle all over again. Well, Alex just came home and he makes enough commotion to fill some of the void, at least. I will have to tell him to be home when I get home from work, so he can greet me at the door! Life does go on and repeats itself, over and over again!

4 comments:

Terra said...

you can come visit us as often as needed and can babysit whenever!!!

Susan said...

get webcams for both of you, or all your away kids. I love ours and it's so fun to talk to them and see them at the same time.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

And you can come visit us as often as needed!!! Who know sometime soon we may be the closest family!! So then I will be the favorite in-law.

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

you can come visit us too... we live by the mountains and there is lots of fun, exciting things to do and don't worry we will be there in less than 2 weeks to visit... you'll be reminded of why you like having your home empty again.