Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sledding Fun

When I was growing up in the mountains of Western Pa., I spent many winter days sledding with my sister and cousins. I loved it and would stay out until my feet were so cold that when I came in my Mom would make me put them in a basin of hot water while I sipped on hot cocoa. Well, today, with the help of my grandchildren, I relived some of those exciting days. I went sledding with them! Since I was a novelty, and I have never gone with them before, they all wanted to go down the hill with me. It was great at the time and I had a teriific experience. However, after a few hours of being home, my muscles are beginning to ache and I think I am going to pay for the excitement of the day. Oh well, no pain, no gain! And today, I gained a great memory. Last winter, I took some of my children and their children back to the hills I use to sled down. I described them in such a manner that they were all expecting something fabulous. We all got dressed in our winter duds and trooped to the town of Cramer to do some serious sledding. Somehow through the years, the hills downsized, and everyone was greatly disappointed. We decided to give it a go anyway, but there just wasn't enough snow to go anywhere! Needless to say, our sledding adventure that day was a bust! But today's sledding adventure was a great success. We even made a little snowman by the park sign to welcome all the other outdoor enthusiasts. I am expecting Terra to put some of the pictures on her blog, so be sure to check it out!

2 comments:

Susan said...

you sled on the first and 2 days later it's spring...and now what? winter again? But good for you for blogging.

Terra said...

the girls sure had a blast