Sunday, November 16, 2008

Book Review

I stayed up until 1:30 reading that "Twilight" book last night. I am tired , impatient, and crabby as a result. Actually, it was very windy and I can't sleeep when it is windy for some unknown reason, so I read until I finished the book. I can't remember what I had read on some of the other blogs about these books but I do remember my daughters telling me that I would love them and I had to read them but I had to all of them before I started them. So, here is my opinion:
It was a page turner- but so are lots of other books I have read,

I was interested in what happened next- but I usually am when I read a good book and sometimes I can't wait and I have to read the ending. I did not read the ending of this one first,

I will probably get the next book and see how it goes,

The author is a good writer.

However, I am not sure what all the hoopla is about. It is good, but so are lots of other series out there and this is a little strange. Would that girl seriously not be afraid of vampires? Hmmm
Now, if you relate the whole storyline to other things in this real world that are true- like resisiting temptations, standing up for what is right, courage, etc., then it has some real value. So I will read the next books and I will try to convince Alex to go to the library and see if he can get me book two. So stay tuned for book 2..

No comments: